Friday, May 25, 2007

It was a thrifty day!

Thrifting was very good to me yesterday. I headed right to the fabric section and found this quilt top. I hestitated on getting it at first, but I really loved that it was hand pieced. It must have took this person a looong time to do it because it's huge! I'm not sure what my plans for it are yet, but I'll figure something out. There were two really pretty tablecloths. There were a few stains, so I didn't feel bad cutting them up at all! Normally I would have felt torn about that, but the stains gave me permission to do it. I also found a huge pack of old zippers and some more bindings. I'm having a lot of luck in that department lately.







Anyway, I've put some packs together from my finds. They include some fat quarters of the table cloths and thrifted sheets, a zipper, some assorted bindings, and of course buttons. I'm going to put different size packs up, because I figured some people might not want all those things. I never realized how hard it was to cut straight before, especially when cutting something as large as sheets. Needless to say the "fat quarters" might not really be a perfect rectangle!


I hope you all have a nice weekend and a nice Memorial Day! We'll be having a nice BBQ with friends and family on Monday.

10 comments:

beki said...

Wow, what great stuff you found!!
Have a great weekend :)

lera said...

There you go again, thrifting queen.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Heidijayhawk said...

i actually like it when there are a few stains on things. you don't have the guilt factor of tearing into a perfectly good tablecloth or whatever!

Anina said...

Wow, you certainly are the ULTIMATE thrifter! Make more packs!

Jennifer said...

Jeezz! Did you hit the thrifty jackpot! I almost went thrifting today because Grandma and Poppa are here to watch the kiddies and I didn't. Ugh! I went to Kmart of all places to stock on some supplies for our trip. Have a great weekend.

Karyn said...

YOU are my thrifting hero!!! Amazing stuff! I'm all jealous :)

LeeAnn said...

You found some good stuff. I haven't found a zipper in a while. But I have been finding some nice sheets!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great finds, Katie (as always)! I'll have to check out the Etsy to see what's in store (hee hee!).

Natasha said...

I am so impressed with your finds, I cannot find vintage sheets to save my life. So cool.

Berber said...

That's a wonderful thrifty treasure you found!