Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thrifty Thursday

Well, coming up with titles sucks. And since it's Thursday and I thrifted yesterday, and I like alliteration, it'll be Thirfty Thursday today. I heeded all your advice yesterday, which I am most grateful for, and went thrifting. One of the best things about blogging, is to find out you're not alone when it comes to creating. Plus it supplies enormous inspiration.

The first thing I found when I walked into the store was this fabric.

It is easily over 2 yards and soo pretty. I went there with the intention of finding some long zipper which I need for a WIP, and luckily, there was a whole bag of 22 inch zippers! I also picked up some more vintage seam binding. On my way out, I grabbed this pillowcase right off the rack before the girl had a chance to put it away.

I then found a matching flat sheet hanging up. Whoohooo. I also found 2 Liberty of London silk scarves. They are so pretty, but I might end up selling them on eBay.

Finally I there were the most darling teacups and saucers. I am totally in love with these. I'm thinking I might use them to make something and add it to an etsy shop. We'll see. They also had matching small plates and 1 large plate but I didn't get those. I think if I had brought them home my husband would've thought I was crazy. But aren't they just too cute?!


So hopefully I'll return to my regularly scheduled sewing today. Ohh..Ohhhh.... I forgot to mention the weirdest thing happened yesterday! I was watching Martha and they were doing a segment on bronzer and skin care. Then I heard "we have someone from the audience, Kerry Martens." And I whip my head around because that is one of my sister's best friends from high school. At first I thought, no that can't be her. Then she said she was from Baltimore and trained dolphins and IT WAS HER!!! Of course, I called my sister right and told her I was so freakin jealous she got to meet Martha. Maybe that'll be me one day.....sigh.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very nice finds...I am having major sewing/crafting block too. I am trying to get orders done and seem to look at them and walk away! Ugh...It doesn't help that it's somewhat nice out!

Stereoette said...

ebay? waah! no, sell them to ME!

Karyn said...

GREAT thrifting!!!!!!

lera said...

Pretty linens. Love the teacups.

Unknown said...

Had to tell you Leila was sick with a fever so I stayed home today. Watch Martha for the first time in a LONG time. And thought of you and your "mini" obsession.

Anina said...

Lovely thrift finds!

Unknown said...

I have one of the little ripple edge aqua saucers like you found and I love it! I'm always on the lookout for more, they're just so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great treasures! I really like that little rippling ribbon saucer plate.

Anonymous said...

The teacups are so pretty. I don't think I could have resisted getting the matching pieces.