Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Something other than totes

I was getting kind of sick of all the stash busting totes around here, so I decided I'd try my hand at making a wallet. I wanted something small, but long enough so I didn't have to fold up my bills. Not that I ever carry around a lot of cash. Anyway, I came up with the "skinny wallet". I figured, if I can't wear skinny jeans, at least I could have a skinny wallet. My pattern needs a little tweaking, but they came out pretty well. Only problem is that they don't eat up a lot of fabric. So, I guess I'll be back to more totes after all.


Last week I found some amazing thrift store finds. They'll be making their way to eBay soon, so if you've got a doll fan on your hands, you might want to check them out. First, this new in box 18" doll bed, with storage compartment.

A retired Angelina Ballerina by American Girl Magnet Room. Still in the plastic!!

I looked it up on eBay the other day and someone was selling it for $99. I definitely won't be selling it for that! I'm not sure it even sold for that anyway. Finally a brand new American Girl puzzle set. Interestingly enough, there was 2 of every on of these things at the thrift store. I only got one of each because I figured, if they don't sell on eBay, I can just give it to my niece.

I also found this cute little milk carrier on a quick visit to the thrift store yesterday. Perhaps it will be redecorated for an upcoming swap??



Now, I'm going to start some much needed housework. Hopefully.

12 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

what? housework? i need to do that too! love the wallet!

Karyn said...

Great thrifty finds, as always!! Wallets, what a great idea!! They turned out great Katie!

Breanna said...

Love the wallet! I wish I could participate in your stash busting challenge, but I really don't have a stash to work through. Good luck with the housework. That's what I am supposed to be doing right now. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

oh! what nice finds! my daughter used to be really into angelina - she still pulls that stuff out occasionally - that room still in packaging will go high for sure.

one of these days i'll sign up for the stash-busting group - seriously!

Anina said...

Housework? Who needs housework? Fun is the name of the game...
Lovely wallet, wonderful thrift finds.

Anonymous said...

Cute wallets! I'm too busy buying fabric to participate in a stash challenge. LOL! Hey, I'm at least getting my house cleaned up, too. And I am trying to keep pace with my buying.

Anonymous said...

Lots of pretty treasures! Your skinny wallet is tres pretty :)

Jane said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog from Heidijayhawk's blog. The challenge sounds like so much fun! I have only a two bedroom apt. and all my crafty stuff must fit in my closet! Yikes! Anyway, I would love to join the challenge. Especially since I just went to Michael Levine's $2 per pound loft yesterday so I am a bit overstocked at the moment. Starting right now...

lera said...

The wallets are cute.

Me and Him said...

Great finds. The milk carrier is adorable.

Chara Michele said...

I like the wallets!

That milk carrier is so great!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog... I love the wallets! I'm actually going to make a mini-diaper tote (http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/dipecase.html) and attach a skinny wallet to the back of it... so I'll have everything I need at my fingertips! I'll have to let you know how it turns out. I need to make a quick trip to the fabric store though. After looking through my stash, I don't like anything well enough to carry it around with me.