Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Little houses


They're almost ready to be sent out. I went through several ideas before settling on this one for the ornament swap. They're turning out to be a little more tedious than I thought, with all the cutting of the thrifted cardboard mailers, the gluing, the painting, and the glittering. But I think it'll be worth it. And now I've developed an unhealthy obsession with Martha's glitter. That glitter is to die for. I wish I had it in every color. Sick I tell ya! The hardest part about making these is deciding what colors to use. At first I wanted to do them all colored, but now I kind of like the cream with the colored roofs. I may just end up with 30 of them. Hopefully I'll get them all done tonight. That's probably what I should be doing now!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Man, I wish I was in your group. Those houses are too cute. I really like both versions of the houses - colored roof and cream roof.

Maura said...

So so sweet! I am so psyched!!! I love Martha's glitter, too. Just discovered it. I have been trying to think of more uses for it.

Felicia said...

Oh, they're darlin'!

lera said...

I bought the Frost Village by MS and put it together last week. I haven't glittered them yet. (I didn't enjoy making the village, but I hope I like the glitter as much as you do!)

Philigry said...

those are great! let me know if you ever sell these in your shop

iSew said...

Very cute. They do look very time consuming though.

Sorry... Martha has glitter? And it's better than regular glitter? I'm so out of touch. Note to self, go outside sometimes.

Rebecca said...

Ack! Again I'm so late on the blog reading! I love these. :) I really wanted to make some this year but totally ran out of time. Next year hopefully I'll be able to patch together some sort of templete. Yours are adorable!

I love the Martha glitter, too. Check Michael's after holidays, I've picked up two kits with three bottles of glitter each in them for $9 each kit. The glitter is like $5 a bottle otherwise. :)