Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hearts

With Valentine's fast approaching, I definitely have hearts on my mind. In fact, there were several projects complete today with hearts. One of which included me making an absurd amount of salt dough with Isaiah which is still in the oven 5 hrs later. Anyway, while thinking of ideas for this swap, I tried out an idea that I had an my head. The result was this cute door knob hanger. It has a pocket in the front for goodies or Valentine notes. I embroidered the word "love" on linen and quilted around it. On the pocket, an appliqued heart between two stitched hearts. I'm thinking it would be cute for a child's door to slip a little something special in for Valentine's. I had a lot of fun making this and may even make more tonight for my etsy shop. No promises though, I'm a little burnt out from the dough making episode. More on that tomorrow.

6 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

WOW! That is fancy!

Way more fun that those stupid paper heart envelope things we made in school and taped to the backs of our chairs.

This could actually hold something better than candy hearts.

Anina said...

So cute! And I have that binding fabric somewhere.

Karyn said...

I love that door hanger!!

I can't wait to see what you made with salt dough too!

lera said...

Cute door hanger.

I remember a salt-dough adventure when my oldest was young. It turned into a "mommy" project. Too much for him. Good luck. I can't wait to see what you make.

beki said...

such a cute little door hanger!

Allyson Hill said...

I love this! I want to make one for Micah, what a sweet thing to come home to after school!