Monday, June 09, 2008

Portland

Hi Everyone! Part of my absence this last week is because I'm getting ready for a big trip across country to Portland, Oregon. I am soo excited, I can hardly contain myself. It'll be my first trip to the west coast. We're going to John's cousin's wedding and we'll be seeing family we haven't seen in a while. John and I decided to stay a few days longer to check out the area. So my friends, I need some suggestions of places to visit. We'd love to see some wineries, crafty places, and any good things to do with kids. We'll actually be in Salem, but we're hoping to spend some time in Portland too. Oh, and any one out there know a good babysitter?

4 comments:

Calise said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog but I really like it :) I've never been to the west coast either, although my husband's from Oregon and says it's beautiful. Good luck finding a babysitter!

Anina said...

Have fun out there! I've been to Portland a couple of times but am by by no means an expert. The Pearl District is fun, and the rose gardens and the Japanese Garden. And, of course, Powell's Books where you could probably spend an entire day.

Lory said...

I've never been there, but I was hoping that when you come back you can let us know of good fabric stores or craft shops. Oh and please take pics of the city, I'd love to see it. :):):)

Hugs,
Lory

FinnyKnits said...

Oh mama. Kelli and I went in April and had a blast.

Some suggestions are here , but the first thing that comes to mind as a must is Knit/Purl.

And we had a lot of fun wandering the Pearl District and eating everything.

Also, if you're going to be there on a Saturday, see where they're holding the farmer's market and go there. Not the Saturday Market, mind you, but the farmer's market. GOOD TIMES.

Have fun!