Monday, November 10, 2008

Rusted Root finished!

Knitting has been on my mind lately. Something to do with the cooler weather and the urge to knit Christmas gifts, which is rapidly approaching. I finally made the push to finish my Rusted Root which I think I've been knitting since July. Since then, I've started probably about 10 other knitting projects and maybe finished about 2. I've also added about 100 projects to my queue on Ravelry. John says he does not like my knitting "habit" as much as my sewing one because it seems to travel more around the house.
Anyway, I didn't have much further to go to finish the shirt, just a few more rows before adding the ribbing. I finished most of it Saturday night while watching Run, Fat boy, Run, which was hilarious. I put the finishing touches on this morning. I really am proud of myself for finally finishing something. It's comfortable and cute, although I probably could have added a few more round to the bottom. I was just wanting to finish it and getting impatient. All that is left to do is block it, and then I'll be wearing this thing everywhere. I may not take it off today. Blocking can wait.
Now to fit something quick and cute for my sister-in-law! Hope your week is starting off great!

10 comments:

Anina said...

Cute! I love the color.

Trisha said...

I love Rusted Root! It is such a cute sweater. I love the color you picked. What yarn did you use?

I just got brave enough to start my first sweater. I ordered the yarn and will post about it when I get started. Very exciting!

Stephanie said...

It looks great! I love the color you chose. I haven't made much progress at all on my rusted root. I feel like it might take spring weather to make me want to pick it up again. All I want to knit right now is armwarmers and hats - it's cold!

beki said...

That looks great! I love the color. Good job :-)

tarabu said...

That's brill - I've been talked into a sweater for a special order and am alternately excited and terrified that my sleves are going to come out in two different sizes!

Philigry said...

love it! i know what you mean about the length! I did the same thing. i wish mine was a touch longer, but it looks so great on you with the white underneath. perfect! I just may have to make another one!

FinnyKnits said...

Wow cute!

And props on the, what I imagine is, cabling. Very, very profesh.

xo

Terriaw said...

Wow, that is a fantastic sweater top! I love the style and that cool pattern going up the side. Looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

Great sweater! I love that contrast stitch detail, and I know that color is fabulous on you.

lera said...

Cute sweater, Katie. You did a great job.