Wednesday, February 04, 2009

January Blocks


Well, this past week was kind of crazy. John's blood counts dropped very low last Monday, followed by a fever on Wednesday, which subsequently landed him in the hospital for a few days. Thankfully he recovered rather quickly and is feeling back to his "normal" self. It made for a very long week, as you can imagine, because we had to make several more trips over to the hospital than we usually do. As much as I love Isaiah, I was happy to have a day like today where he was in school and I didn't need to go anywhere! It was refreshing and I was able to fit in some thrifting and sewing.


I made these two blocks for Cathy. She is going to be making two quilts for her girls. I just love the colors she sent, they were very fun to put together.

Hopefully tomorrow my wristlet pattern will be ready for sale. I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me talk about it! I am really excited to get it finished, but I'm worried about it being a good pattern. Thankfully I've had very helpful testers and I can't wait to show you the ones they made!

9 comments:

jessica said...

what great color combos on those blocks! I hope John stays better!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT color combination! I especially love that undersea mermaid fabric and the cute little birdies on the second block.

Anna Lea said...

OOOO pink and brown is my absolute favorite!!!!!! THe layout of the bloks is great too! so fun! It really makes the cherie, bright fun patterns stand out. Bravo

Needled Mom said...

Those are great colors! How exciting to have the pattern making it's preview.

Glad to hear that John is feeling back to his own self again. I had read about his "experience" on his blog.

Hope this week is more boring.

Unknown said...

The blocks look great! The fabrics are so bright and cheery. Glad you were able to have some time to yourself after such a stressful week. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way : )

Jaime said...

Those blocks look wonderful!

Rachael Adele said...

That's some pretty good inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I'm an art therapist who works in a hospital with patients and their families. I'm really happy you have sewing and thrifting to turn to as part of your self care during this time. Thanks for sharing with us, too! Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

I love the bee blocks you made. It must be nice working with someone else's fabrics and getting colour and placement idea's you might otherwise never thought of.