Thursday, May 07, 2009

spring to finish



I've decided to join the Spring to Finish 2 hosted by Jacquie. I have so many unfinished projects and I really need the motivation to finish them. I figured if I write it down I'll be more committed to finishing them up. Among them are :

a special quilt for John
a quilt from Amanda Jean's first quilt along (how long ago was that!?!)
Isaiah's quilt
Mother's Day gifts
oh, and several bags and dopp kits

I'm sure there's more, but I'm going to focus on getting through this list first. I just checked and I can't believe that quilt along was a year and a half ago! Crazy. Time to get on it!

I have done some sewing the last few days. I finished up my 16 nine patches for the three by three swap hosted by Anina. These are a lot of fun to make and you can make a lot of them pretty quickly.



I also finished up these two reusable snack bags. One with this adorable owl fabric and one with some dinosaur fabric I've had around for a while. They're both in the shop if you're interested.



Ok, that's all for now. I'm headed to the farmer's market to get some fresh donuts and it looks like the sun is finally out. whoohooo! I'm sick of rain!

9 comments:

Nichole said...

i still haven't finished my quilt from Amanda Jean's first quilt-a-long either. i should add that to my spring to finish list as well. it would be nice to have that done.

i like the 9 patch blocks you made! great fabric choices!

Needled Mom said...

Don't we all have so many unfinished projects? All we need is time.

I love that owl fabric...it is so cute.

henny said...

oh...look at that dinosour fabric!! Awesome...remind me to my little one who love dinosour very much!!

Philigry said...

that little owl fabric is so sweet! the sun was out here today for the first time all week!
can't wait to see all of your projects!

Anina said...

I love your nine patches. I already have a bunch back and I think these quilts are going to be great. Those little snack bags are great.

jacquie said...

thanks for joining in katie! i'm embarrassed to say i have quilt a long 1 left to finish too. good luck getting lots done.

Jenn Maruska said...

You are so prolific!

I wish I could get half of the stuff done that you do! : )

craftytammie said...

Love those blocks and the snack bags! My want to do list stretches from here to infinity. It's really insane. BTW - I'm giving away a linen tote over at my site, come leave me a comment to enter!

amylouwhosews said...

do you know what that little blue owl fabric is? Is it Japanese? It's so adorable!!!